Singapore is an intriguing holiday destination that fuses colonial history, beautiful marinas and futuristic skyscrapers. Stroll around the handsome colonial buildings before taking a river trip on the ‘bum boats’, once used to take goods to the warehouses. Visit the famous Raffles Hotel, where a Singapore sling in the Long Bar is essential. Here are its best attractions.
Sightseeing and Attractions
– Cruise on a traditional ‘bum boat’ to explore the river and waterways.
– Visit the S.E.A Aquarium, Adventure Cove Waterpark and Madame Tussauds on Sentosa Island.
– Get 360-degree city views from the Singapore Flyer.
– Enjoy fantastic panoramic views from 57 levels above ground on The Sands SkyPark® Observation Deck and watch the Wonder Full laser light show.
– Explore the Art Science Museum and see a stage show in the Marina Bay Sands theatre.
Food and Drink
– Visit the long bar at Raffles and order a Singapore Sling.
– Tuck into Joshu Beef, steamed curry crab and an array of delicious noodle dished at Tonny Restaurant by celebrity chef Tonny Chan.
Events and Festivals
– Jan-Feb: See the impressive Chinese New Year celebrations at Marina Bay.
– July: Enjoy cuisine from the best chefs and hawkers at The Singapore Food Festival.
Shops open till 9.00pm or 10.00pm (except for Mustafa Centre in Little India, open 24 hours a day!). On Sundays, head to Clarke Quay markets, down by the river – you’ll find all sorts of exotica. Come in June to attack the great Singapore sale – it’s a retail frenzy!
Yes, Indian citizens require a visa for travel to Malaysia.
: Malay & English
: Singapore Dollar
For independent advice and expertise on one of the Asia’s favourite destination, give Big Time Holiday a call and we’ll help plan your perfect Singapore adventure at the best possible prices.